I don’t eat a lot of sweets and sugary foods anymore. In the past, I had a real sugar addiction that was starting to make me feel unwell, and had caused me to gain a lot of weight. Once I finally kicked my sugar habit, I felt 100% better and lost weight too.
However, if I have friends over for dinner, or just fancy a small, occasional sweet treat, I tend to make rather than buy things like cakes, ice cream, and other desserts. Why? The main reason is that I can then control what and how much I eat!
If you buy store-bought sweet treats, you never know how much sugar you are eating, or whether you are also eating other unhealthy ingredients such as trans fats. Also, the portion sizes are often too big to be considered healthy.
Recently, I was searching for a dessert to make my friends who were coming over for dinner when I found this recipe. It uses honey instead of sugar, plus, it’s made in a slow cooker, find the model I use here, which is one of my favorite ways to cook.
Needless to say, this chocolate fudge was a hit; everyone had a little bit and said that was more than enough. The next time you need a simple, satisfying sweet treat, give this recipe a try!
Preparation time – 5 minutes
Cooking time – 70 minutes
Number of servings – 24 squares
- 2 cups chocolate chips – dark or milk as preferred
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup raw honey
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Course sea salt
- Chili flakes (optional)
- Put the dark/milk chocolate chips, cream, and honey into your slow cooker. Put the lid on and cook on high for one hour
- Add the white chocolate chips, and stir in the vanilla. Cook for another 10 minutes
- Pour the mixture into an 8×8” lined baking tray
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt and the chili flakes if you are using them
- Allow to cool for 1-2 hours, and then refrigerate
- Cut into 24 squares
- Serve at room temperature so the fudge is not rock-hard!
Recipe and picture source – Crème de la Crumb.com
Every Friday I Share 2 Recipes
Subscribe to my newsletter and get an email every Sunday with 2 recipes plus all the new articles I’ve published during the week. It’s Free, it’s fun and it’s healthy. All my recipes shared here and all the recipes published on Fridays here.