Moroccan Carrot Salad
(will make enough for one serving)
- 2 medium, grated carrots
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley freshly chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- ½ chopped clove of garlic
- 1 dash ground paprika
- 1 dash ground cumin
- 1 dash Himalayan salt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash cayenne pepper; optional ingredient, make to taste
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until blended. Place the salad in the refrigerator, covered, for approximately two to three hours prior to serving.
Tomato and Cucumber Salad
(This recipe will make enough for two servings)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice, fresh
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup halved, cherry tomatoes
- 1 halved, length-wised cucumber, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 dash Himalayan salt
- herbal blend season – optional to recipe
In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, vinegars, and oil – mix well. Next, in a large bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, onion, basil, and the optional herbal blended seasoning. Mix up well. Lightly drizzle you salad dressing over the salad and gently blend and toss.
Cucumber Avocado Carrot with Hummus Sandwiches
(This recipe will make enough for one serving)
- 1 cup cucumber
- 2 tablespoons of your choice of hummus
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1 Grated carrot
Cut your cucumbers into six large disk shapes. Spread your choice of hummus between two of the cucumber disks.
There you have it. Three wonderful recipes to help you enjoy your 3 day cleansing diet!
Your Moroccan carrot salad looks delicious but the picture appears to have garbanzo beans, black beans and slivered almonds but these ingredients are not in the recipe. Was there an omission? Thank you
I’m sorry that was a wrong picture. I’ve tried that recipe with a different combination of ingredients. I’ve changed the picture now. Thanks
The photos of your recipes look NOTHING like what the recipe describes!!!! I’m sure those are garbanzo beans in your Moroccan Carrot Salad, but they don’t show up in the list of ingredients. And are those dark spots raisins? The photo of the Cucumber with Hummus recipe sure looks like sliced avocado on a whole grain bread, with shredded carrots! No cucumber, no hummus. Your Tomato with Cucumber Salad is a little closer the the photo, but it looks like diced tomatoes instead of the halved cherry tomatoes in the recipe. Very misleading! Is it that hard to take a photo of what you’ve actually made?
I’ve changed the pictures. The pictures, you mention, were slightly different from the recipes, as I’m always trying old recipes with new ingredients. No, it’s not hard to take a photo but it’s easy to make mistakes and it’s even easier to be thankful. Have a great day.