I love vegetables. I not only love how they taste, but how they make me feel too. I enjoy eating them raw, boiled and steamed, but my favorite way to cook veggies is by roasting them.
Roasting veggies are so easy! Just chop them up, put them on a baking tray, sprinkle with a few herbs and spices, drizzle with a little olive oil, and then put them in a hot oven for 20-30 minutes. Simple. A lot of people think that healthy cooking is hard or time-consuming but, when you roast your veggies, it really isn’t.
This roasted veggie dish is perfect for Thanksgiving. It looks and tastes fancy, but really, it’s super-simple. Best of all, despite being low in calories and carbs, it’s also very filling.
You can use this recipe as a side dish or even your main meal as preferred. I’ve used it both ways and it’s always a hit. I’m sure, after trying this recipe, you’ll love it every bit as much as I do.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Number of servings – 6-8
- 2 heads of cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped, mixed herbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the cauliflower on a baking tray and drizzle with oil. Bake in a pre-heated 450-degree F. oven for 20 minutes
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the mixed herbs and garlic. Bake for 5-10 more minutes, until browned and tender
- Combine the now cooked cauliflower with the lemon juice and parmesan. Toss well to coat. Transfer to a clean dish and serve immediately
Recipe source – myrecipes.com
Less than 7 Ingredients Recipes for Thanksgiving
Don’t need to make it hard or complicated. Simple, healthy and delicious recipes to make your Thanksgiving a perfect family meeting. My recipes here.