If you want to lose weight, you need to eat less – period! Any diet in the world only works because it controls the amount of food you eat. There are lots of different diets, some better than others, but without a doubt they all work because they artop you from eating as much as normal.
There are lots of ways to eat fewer calories including:
- Eat less fat
- Eat fewer meals
- Eat smaller meals
- Eat more protein and less carbs
- Eat from smaller plates
- Choose lower calorie options
- Cut out sugar
However, the easiest way to make sure you are eating less but not starving yourself is to use portion control containers.
How Portion Control Containers Work?
Portion control containers are used to measure and control the amount of food that is consumed. They come in various sizes and shapes, designed to hold specific portions of different food groups such as vegetables, fruits, proteins, and carbohydrates. They are typically color-coded to represent different food groups. To use, fill the container with the appropriate food and eat the contents of the container. This helps to monitor caloric intake and maintain a balanced diet.
How to Use Portion Control Containers for Weight Loss?
Here’s how to use portion control containers for weight loss:
- Determine your calorie needs: Use a calorie calculator or consult a registered dietitian to determine your daily calorie needs for weight loss.
- Choose the right containers: Look for containers that are pre-measured and labeled for specific food groups, such as protein, carbohydrates, and vegetables.
- Fill containers with recommended portions: Fill each container with the recommended portion size for each food group, based on your daily calorie needs and weight loss goals.
- Plan meals and snacks: Use the containers to plan and prepare meals and snacks in advance, so you can stick to your portion control plan.
- Avoid high-calorie foods: Limit or avoid high-calorie foods, such as processed snacks and sweets, and focus on nutrient-dense, low-calorie foods, such as fruits, vegetables, and lean protein.
- Drink plenty of water: Drink plenty of water throughout the day to help control hunger and flush out toxins.
- Stay active: Combine portion control with physical activity to increase calorie burn and maximize weight loss results.
- Keep track: Keep track of your food intake and weigh yourself regularly to monitor progress and make adjustments as needed.
- Consult a professional: If you have specific health or fitness goals, such as weight loss or managing a chronic condition, consult a registered dietitian or healthcare professional for personalized recommendations.
By using portion control containers, tracking food intake, and combining it with a balanced diet and physical activity, you can achieve weight loss and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
What sizes are the portion control containers?
This are the portion control containers that I use and recommend you can find them at Amazon https://amzn.to/3WWsTgR
The sizes of portion control containers can vary depending on the brand and type. Generally, they come in a set of 7 to 10 containers that are pre-measured and labeled for specific food groups, such as protein, carbohydrates, vegetables, fruits, healthy fats, etc.
Here are some common sizes for portion control containers:
- Protein container: Approximately 1/2 cup to 1 cup
- Carbohydrate container: Approximately 1/2 cup to 1 cup
- Vegetable container: Approximately 1 to 1 1/2 cups
- Fruit container: Approximately 1/2 cup to 1 cup
- Healthy fat container: Approximately 1 to 2 tablespoons
It’s important to note that these sizes are just a general guide and may vary depending on individual needs and calorie requirements. It’s always best to consult a registered dietitian or healthcare professional for personalized recommendations.
What are 5 methods of portion control?
- Using portion control containers.
- Measuring food with a food scale.
- Eyeballing portions using hand sizes.
- Using smaller plates.
- Eating slowly and listening to hunger cues.
What do you mean by portion control?
Portion control refers to the practice of controlling the amount of food consumed during a meal or snack. It involves monitoring and controlling the portions of different food groups to maintain a balanced diet and achieve specific health and fitness goals, such as weight loss or weight maintenance.
Portion control helps individuals to understand appropriate portion sizes, make healthier food choices, and avoid overeating. This can be done through a variety of methods, such as using portion control containers, measuring food with a food scale, or estimating portion sizes based on hand sizes.
The goal of portion control is to balance caloric intake with physical activity, leading to a sustainable and healthy lifestyle.
How do you calculate portion control containers?
Calculating portion control containers involves determining the appropriate portion size for each food group, based on individual calorie and nutrient needs. This can be done in the following steps:
- Determine daily caloric needs: based on age, gender, weight, height, and activity level.
- Divide daily caloric needs into macronutrient needs: carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
- Determine portion sizes for each food group: based on the recommended daily allowance (RDA) for each macronutrient.
- Choose appropriate portion control containers: based on the portion sizes for each food group.
- Fill the containers with the appropriate foods: making sure to measure and weigh each portion accurately.
Note: Consulting a nutritionist or dietitian can provide personalized recommendations for portion control.
Is portion control better than dieting?
t depends on the individual’s needs and goals. Both portion control and dieting can be effective for weight loss and improving overall health, but in different ways.
Portion control focuses on monitoring and controlling the amount of food consumed, without necessarily restricting certain food groups or eliminating certain foods. This approach can help people learn about appropriate portion sizes and make healthier food choices.
Dieting, on the other hand, typically involves following a specific eating plan that restricts certain food groups or eliminates certain foods. This approach can be effective for weight loss, but it may not be sustainable in the long term and can lead to feelings of deprivation.
Ultimately, the best approach will depend on the individual’s specific needs and goals. It is important to choose a sustainable, balanced approach that meets both nutritional needs and personal preferences.
What are 3 ways you can calculate portions?
- Using portion control containers: These containers are pre-measured and designed to hold specific portions of different food groups. Simply fill the container with the appropriate food and eat the contents of the container.
- Measuring food with a food scale: This allows for precise measurements of food portions, which can help to accurately monitor calorie intake and maintain a balanced diet.
- Eyeballing portions using hand sizes: This method uses the size of your hand to estimate portions. For example, a portion of protein could be the size of your palm, while a portion of carbohydrates could be the size of your cupped hand. This method is less precise than using a food scale, but it can be a helpful starting point for learning about portion sizes.
How fast can you lose weight with portion control?
he speed of weight loss with portion control depends on several factors, including:
- Starting weight: People who are overweight or obese may lose weight faster than those who are closer to a healthy weight.
- Caloric deficit: The amount of weight loss will depend on the difference between daily caloric intake and daily caloric expenditure. A larger caloric deficit will result in faster weight loss.
- Consistency: Consistently following a portion control plan is key for achieving weight loss goals.
Typically, a weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week is considered safe and achievable with portion control. However, the actual rate of weight loss will depend on the individual’s starting weight, caloric intake, and level of physical activity. It is important to consult a healthcare professional to determine a safe and appropriate weight loss plan.
What is a good strategy for portion control?
Here are some strategies for portion control:
- Start with a smaller plate: Use a smaller plate to visually trick the brain into thinking you are eating a larger portion.
- Use a food scale: Measure and weigh food to ensure accurate portion sizes.
- Practice mindful eating: Eat slowly and pay attention to hunger and fullness cues.
- Plan ahead: Prepare meals and snacks in advance to help control portion sizes.
- Avoid distractions: Avoid eating in front of a screen or while multitasking, as this can lead to overeating.
- Eat plenty of fiber-rich foods: Fiber-rich foods help to fill you up and keep you feeling full for longer.
- Drink water before meals: Drinking water before meals can help control hunger and reduce calorie intake.
- Avoid high-calorie drinks: Limit or avoid high-calorie drinks such as soda and fruit juice, which can add significant calories to the diet.
Remember, the key to successful portion control is consistency and finding a plan that works for you. Consult a healthcare professional or a registered dietitian for personalized recommendations.
What are portion control dishes ?
Portion control dishes are specially designed dishes or plates that are divided into sections to help with portion control. These dishes make it easier to measure and monitor food portions, and help to ensure that meals are balanced and nutritious. Some portion control dishes include:
- Portion plates: Plates with built-in sections for different food groups, such as protein, carbohydrates, and vegetables. These ones are very high rated on amazon https://amzn.to/3HJSNAl
- Portion bowls: Bowls with sections for different food groups, such as soup, salad, or rice. This are specially good at amazon https://amzn.to/40l32Cf
- Portion control serving utensils: Serving spoons, tongs, or other utensils that are pre-measured to help control portion sizes.
- Portion control containers: Reusable containers with pre-measured sections for different food groups, such as fruits, vegetables, and protein. A complete set with more than 5,000 reviews at amazon https://amzn.to/3WWsTgR
- Portion control meal delivery services: Meal delivery services that portion control ingredients and prepare balanced meals.
Using portion control dishes can help individuals to make healthier food choices, monitor calorie intake, and achieve weight loss and other health goals.
Many eating plans specify how many calories you need to eat or how many grams of protein, fat, or carbs you are allowed. These numbers might be based on your metabolic rate, how much weight you need to lose, or some other arbitrary number.
However, if you have targets to hit, you are going to have to know more about the food you are eating. How many calories does it contain? How many grams of fat? How much sugar? You get the idea!
This invariably involves weighing and recording all the food you eat. You might use a calorie tracker app to make this a little but easier but, however you do it, you are going to have to get used to the idea of weighing all your food.
I don’t know about you but that sounds like a lot of work to me! And as soon as any diet seems to be more trouble than its worth, I know I’ll give up on it pretty darn fast. I’m not alone either – many of our readers have the exact same opinion.
Thankfully, there is an alternative to counting calories that is every bit as effective but way, way, WAY easier! That method is portion control containers.
Portion control containers are brilliantly simple but super effective. Each container is designed to measure one specific food group. Instead of weighing your food, you simple measure it with the appropriate container.
There are different brands available and this are my favorites.
21 Day Fix Program
If you are doing 21 Day Fix, I recommend this 2 options as this are the ones designed to be used with the 21-Day Fix eating plan.
In that set, you get seven containers, each color-coded so you know which one to use when.
- Purple = fruit
- Green = vegetables
- Red = protein
- Orange = seeds and oils
- Yellow = carbs
- Blue = healthy fats and cheese
Using the portion control containers, you can easily control your food intake without having to weigh your food. For example, you might make your main meals from two green containers full of veggies, one red container of protein, one yellow container of carbs, and half a blue container of healthy fats.
If you follow the 21-Day Fix diet, you’ll soon learn how many containers worth of food you should eat to lose weight and there are also recipes that specify which containers to use.
So, if you are fed up with either guessing how much food you should eat, or wasting your time weighing your foods, you really should try using portion control containers instead.
The 21-Day Fix ones are my favorite and you can get them direct from Amazon.com, with or without the 21-Day Fix plan.
21 Day Fix Approved Foods by Color
Counting calories really is a drag and is probably the last thing you want to do when you are preparing a meal. Using portion control containers is a very good alternative to counting calories that still allows you to reduce your food intake and lose weight. Simply put, using calorie control containers make losing weight easy!
How do I get these boxes?
Right now Beachbody is not selling their Portion Fix, but I’ve found a great and cheap alternative at Amazon. Click here to check the product at amazon.com.
How can I order a book. Mine got ruin