When my friends and I get together, invariably the topic of conversation turns to food, weight loss, and healthy eating. A couple of my friends, who are overweight, are convinced that they don’t like the taste of healthy food. They say it’s boring, doesn’t taste good, or is too hard to buy and make.
In many ways, this is the kind of conversation I love, because I enjoy telling them about all the tasty AND healthy things they can make to eat that will help them lose weight too.
This salad recipe is a perfect example of what I mean; most people think salad is boring and tasteless, but this one isn’t. In fact, it’s very bit as tasty as any other meal you can think of.
If you think salads are boring, or that healthy food doesn’t taste good, make sure you try this recipe. It’s not just tasty, it’s filling too, and it’s also really easy to make. Honestly, what more can you ask from a recipe?!
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
Number of servings – 4
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb. chicken breasts or thighs, cut into bite-size strips
- 2 teaspoons lemon-chicken seasoning – low sodium if preferred
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon or English mustard
- ½ teaspoon Worchester sauce
- 1 large lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup garlic or Italian croutons
- ¼ cup grated parmesan
- Heat some of the oil in a large frying pan to a medium temperature
- Meanwhile, coat the chicken with the garlic powder and lemon-chicken seasoning
- Once coated, put the chicken in the hot oil and cook for 4-5 minutes, until browned. Remove the pan from the heat
- In a bowl, mix the vinegar, Worcester sauce, and mustard. Add to the chicken and stir well
- In a large serving bowl, mix the lettuce with the chicken, croutons and grated cheese.
- Serve immediately
Recipe source – Sparkpeople.com
I’ve shared already more than 200 recipes and I continue to share and publish more. Pick your favorite and start enjoying healthy meals. All recipes here.