If you work for a living, you may be tempted to skip lunch and put in more time at your desk. After all, the workplace is very competitive, and the current financial situation means that you could lose your job if you don’t hit those monthly targets.
The trouble with missing lunch is that while you might save a little bit of time, you also might reduce your afternoon productivity. As tiredness and hunger set in, you might find it harder to concentrate and your work rate decreases. You may also end up grabbing a sugary mid-afternoon snack and that can quickly lead to an energy rollercoaster.
By the time you get home, you’ll be even more hungry, and that means grabbing a takeout instead of making yourself something healthy to eat – all because you skipped your lunch.
The next time you think about skipping lunch, remember the knock-on effect doing so can have. Instead, prepare something in advance (like today’s recipe) and take some time to enjoy it. I promise you’ll be more productive and energetic if you do!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
Number of servings: 2
- 2 medium tortilla wraps
- Olive oil
- 1 roasted pepper from a jar
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 2 ounces rocket, washed
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
1. Heat your oven to 350 degrees F. Place the wraps on baking sheets and brush with oil. Bake for three minutes
2. Meanwhile, chop and mix the pepper, tomatoes, puree, and herbs
3. Turn the wraps over and then coat them with the tomato mixture, leaving a gap in the middle for the eggs
4. Crack and pour an egg into the middle of each pizza and then bake for 10 minutes, until the edges are crispy. Scatter the rocket and onions over the pizza and serve
Recipe source: www.bbcgoodfood.com
Picture source: www.thelittlegreenspoon.com
More Healthy Recipes
Find more ideas for your meals. I’ve already shared more than 250 recipes. You can find all organized here.