I really enjoy cooking, but sometimes I want to spend less time in the kitchen, and more time with my family and friends. This problem led me to look for healthy, filling meals that I could cook in an hour or less. That way, I could spend my day doing exactly what I wanted, but still, feed my dinner guests with something they’d enjoy.
Luckily, Betty Crocker came to the rescue when I found this awesome meatball and potato dinner. You can make it from ingredients you probably have in your fridge or freezer, and it takes less than an hour to make. As an added bonus, you make it all in a single pot, and it’s also pretty cheap to make too. Learn more about how to plan meals ahead here.
I made this for some friends last week and none of them could believe I hadn’t spent all day cooking! Served with some fresh crusty bread, it’s a comforting, tasty dinner that I know you, your family and friends will enjoy.
Preparation time – 10 minutes
Cooking time – 25 minutes
Number of servings – 4
- 2 cups frozen potato wedges
- 1 can condensed cream of onion soup or cream of mushroom soup (low sodium if preferred)
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 24 frozen meatballs – 6 per person
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Put the potatoes, soup, and water in a large saucepan. Allow to boil and then simmer for five minutes
- Add the broccoli and meatballs and simmer for another 10-15 minutes, or until the frozen ingredients are cooked through
- Stir in the sour cream and continue cooking until thoroughly heated. Keep stirring throughout
- Season with freshly ground black pepper
Picture credit – Betty Crocker
More Dinner Recipes
I’ve shared more gluten-free ideas here and also dinner recipes here. Or you maybe are looking for gluten-free dinner recipes available here.