Pesto is an Italian classic and makes a great addition to sandwiches, pasta, or can even be used as a dip. Store-bought pesto is not especially healthy but this homemade superfood pesto is so tasty and healthy you’ll want to eat it again and again and again. However you eat this pesto, I know you are going to love it.
Note: I’ve created a superfood guide, I named it My Superfoods and you can find it here.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil
- ½ cup raw, sprouted walnuts
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 scoop superfood powder, my favorite is Green SuperFood Original, find my reasons here.
- 1/3 cup high quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Add basil, walnuts, lemon juice and garlic to a food processor and then add your superfood powder. Pulse several times making sure to stop and scrape the sides of the processor as you go. Continue to blend until all the ingredients are fully combined. Add a bit of salt and pepper. Pulse a couple more times until fully combined and then store in an airtight glass jar in the fridge for up to three days.
Calories for entire batch: 942