Do you like Chinese foods? I know I do! There usually isn’t much choice for dessert on Chinese menus but that’s okay – most restaurants offer banana fritters. Banana fritters are usually coated in batter, deep fried, and served with lashings of honey plus ice cream on the side. Not exactly healthy but very tasty!
I really like banana fritters, but I save them for special occasions. Instead, when I’m at home, I use this recipe instead. It’s much healthier, contains no added sugar, and is the perfect weekend after-dinner treat.
If, like me, you enjoy dessert from time to time, but don’t want to break the calorie bank, give this easy-to-make recipe a try. If you love it half as much as I do, I know you’ll make it again and again!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of Servings: 2
- Cooking spray
- ¼ cup dry bread crumbs (use gluten-free if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon granular no-calorie sweetener e.g. Splenda
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 large banana, cut into slices
- Natural yogurt for serving (optional)
1. Preheat your oven to 425F/220C
2. Line and lightly grease a baking try
3. In a bowl, mix the breadcrumbs with the sweetener, cinnamon, ginger, and salt
4. Spray the bananas with cooking spray and then coat in the breadcrumb mixture
5. Place on the baking tray and lightly spray with oil again
6. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until brown and crisp
7. Serve with a dollop of natural yogurt on the side
Recipe source: allrecipes.com
Picture source: foodtolove.co.au
More ideas to make your meals more healthy and tasty. More than 250 free recipes published and organized here.