Last week, one of my friends asked me what my favorite food was. This was a tough question to answer. I love all sorts of food, although I try to make sure I eat healthily 90% of the time.
He was adamant that I had to choose one food I liked the most. So, in the end, I chose quiche. After I had thought about it, I realized this was the right answer because I never get tired of eating quiche. I’ve loved it since I was a child, and probably eat some type of quiche at least once a week.
That combination of eggs, vegetables, pastry, and sometimes meat means that in my mind at least, quiche is a balanced meal and it contains so many of the things I love to eat. I like quiche hot or cold, with salad, with green beans, with French fries, or all on its own. When it comes to eating quiche, I do not discriminate!
Recently I made this crustless quiche I found on allrecipes.com. Because it has no pastry crust, it contains no gluten, so it’s perfect for those people with gluten intolerance.
This quiche has no pastry crust, making it ideal for people with a gluten intolerance. Not sure if you are gluten intolerant? Check out my article How to find out if you are gluten intolerant for more details.
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes
Number of servings – 6
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 10 ounces frozen baby spinach, thawed and chopped
- 5 beaten eggs
- 3 cups shredded tasty cheese
- ¼ tablespoon sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F, 175 degrees C
- Lightly grease and line a 9-inch round baking tray
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, and add the onions. Cook until soft
- Stir in the spinach and cook until all excess water has evaporated
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, and add the cheese and pepper. Mix well
- Stir the spinach into the eggs, and then pour the mixture into the round, lined, baking pan
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the mixture is firm. Allow to cool for ten minutes before serving
Picture credit – allrecipes.com
More Lunch Recipes
More grab and go ideas for your lunch available here and also low carb bites to enjoy at lunchtime.